Achieving Net Zero isn’t a pipedream, it’s imperative
Bond started working with Carbon Clean in June 2022 to support their growth plans. After working with an external recruitment provider and had no applicant tracking system (ATS) in place, Carbon Clean were keen to implement a system which would improve visibility to track applications through the process to hit their growth targets.
Headquartered in London, Carbon Clean has expanded and now has offices in India, the UK and the United States. Since its establishment, the business has removed over 1.8 million metric tonnes of carbon from 49 facilities across the globe!
Carbon Clean works closely with key industries to reduce carbon, providing services from solvent supply, process design, proprietary equipment and end-to-end systems to reach Net Zero. The global company is led by industry experts with over a decades experience designing, building, financing, and operating industrial carbon capture systems.
In the first 3 months, the Bond team successfully implemented an ATS that not only provided visibility, but also increased the number of applicant touchpoints. This helped to reduce the time to offer from 135 days to 26 days: a significant 80% improvement!
Transforming visibility and hiring pace:
- Total time to offer down to 26 days (time to start 62 days)
- 65,540 views of adverts/roles published on company website, LinkedIn, job boards – previously there was no way of tracking this or any visibility on these platforms!
- 14,661 candidates in 6 months, of which 81% were from LinkedIn
- Company marketing contributed to 23% of all job views, and 1,146 applicants – no data for this prior to ATS
- 23 candidates hired from job boards – previously with the RPO it was all head hunting
- 26 candidates referred by employees since September, 12 of which progressed to the interview process
- Started in June 36 heads behind target, entered 2023 4 above (tracking against hiring plan)
- Bond were directly responsible for 16 hires, combined between managing the ATS and headhunting efforts
- Created a robust requisition process to cut the existing manual process by half when requesting additional roles outside of the hiring plan, meaning we could get to the market quicker to fill these roles
Ongoing consultancy model:
Following the success of the ATS implementation, the Bond team worked closely with Carbon Clean to support recruitment for 16 hires, across 3 continents; India, North America and the UK whilst continuing to manage and headhunt for roles.
- benchmarking roles (in less than 48 hours!) to understand experience vs salary across these locations; which helped stay ahead of the game
- hired the first female engineer, in India, for 13 years
- followed by the hiring of a female process engineer
Alongside this success, the Bond team formed some strong relationships and became an extension of the team. The Hiring Managers trusted Bond’s advice to think outside the box, sourcing candidates with mixed backgrounds and skills, which consequently led to several legacy roles being filled.
The project work has left Carbon Clean with a robust candidate management system which will continue to deliver value for the team and provide an engaged talent pool for future roles.