Brilliant Planet is unlocking the power of algae on a gigatonne scale!
Their production facility is on the coastal desert of Morocco, however, they will be scaling up the business all over the world. Once all areas are fully developed, they could sequester 2 billion tonnes of CO2/year.
Bond has been on this exciting early-scale journey taking them from a team of 12 to a 45-strong team of Biological, Marine Scientists and Engineers.
Our consultancy model builds capability from scratch:
We have supported them strategically with everything from designing the recruitment process from scratch to their choice of laboratory and office facilities in London.
Securing talent globally within niche ecosystems:
- Biological Simulation Engineers
- Marine Biologists
- Chemical Engineers
- Hydraulic Modelling Engineers
We were BPs first HR function:
- Setting up the infrastructure for a future HR and Talent team
- Designing benefits
- Drawing up employment contracts
- Designing the standard operating procedure
- Gained a sponsorship licence to bring in global talent
- Research on international relocation packages and process
We use our head-hunting capability to land key leadership positions:
- Director of Engineering
- VP of Finance
- Head of Strategy
It’s always about where we can add further value too:
- Consulted on and created a purpose lead Employer Brand
- Designed and built out the first Employee Value Proposition
- Implemented ATS system that will save 3 working days a month through time efficiency savings
About working with Brilliant Planet
At Bond, we are passionate about clever technology and align ourselves with partners who are helping un-fuck our planet. After all, there is no planet B.
Their nature-based system scales down the ocean to use natural seawater, nutrients and CO2. This natural process deacidifies seawater, enhancing local ecosystems.
The process has 1000+ year sequestration capability – a very high standard of carbon storage. That will enable Brilliant Planet to drive down the cost of carbon offsetting to $50 a tonne. That is 10x lower than equivalent high-standard carbon off-setting technologies.
This dynamic will enable households and small businesses to participate in the critical mission to halt the adverse impact of climate change, not just big corporations.
In short game-changing technology.