Bridebook – The UKs No.1 Wedding Planning App
Over 1.9 million couples have prepared well for their big day using the Bridebook app to date. They promise stress-free planning with free, personalised tools that are accessed through a slick app UX.
There are curated lists of suppliers, personalised wedding checklists, guest list management tools, and a budget calculator all in one place. Bridebook also provide expert advice and inspiration to help couples bring their dream wedding to life
Bond were initially tasked with supporting delivery and dialling up the technical and commercial strength of the business. With plans to increase headcount through 2024 and secure series B funding, we brought significantly more to the table and have consulted and led on a wide range of capability-enhancing projects.
Building the Bridebook in-house capability for the future:
Bond were brought in for 3 months, primarily to support with the hiring demand at Bridebook. The team signed off on a further 3 month extension off the back of strong performance:
- 19 hires
- Av. time to hire of 22 days, reduced from 33 days
- Cost saving of 40%
- 90% offer to hire ratio
- 64% of hires were female
What was clear to the team was that through collaboration our our consultancy model approach we could achieve much more together.
Alongside hiring our talent partner support the delivery of several capability enhancing projects. These included:
– Paired sourcing with internal recruitment team on tech roles. Bringing our technical skillset experience in hiring great product and sales talent into the team. Booleans, what to look out for with technical roles, through training sessions with a knowledge knockout handover back into the team.
– Created a “license to hire” programme consisting of 3 training workshops. (1) how to prepare and interview (2) killer questions to ask (3) unconscious bias, top tips. This has been rolled out to all hiring managers across the Bridebook team
– Involved in longer term people planning for the organization and the evolution of the talent team. Creating an org structure for the future of the Bridebook talent team to assist in hiring decisions, based off future company growth plans.
– 5 stage talent theory workshop where we looked deep into each stage of the recruitment lifecycle in an attempt to improve processes
- Building engaging candidate packs
- Created a hiring manager toolkit – a piece of thought leadership and a refresher to hiring managers on how to interview effectively.
– EVP/ Employer Branding – improving employer brand awareness by making more use of LinkedIn and the careers site. Standing up a fortnightly working group and (content plan – day in the life of etc) moving away from exclusively B2C.
– UK Salary benchmarking – across Finance, Product, Data Science, Talent/People, HR, Marketing & Sales roles for UK, Germany, France.
– Created interview scorecards (fair and non-bias) for hiring managers to ensure consistency and uniformity throughout the interview process
– Created Bridebook data dashboards for the internal team so they could track their success and pick up any anomalies quickly. Providing visibility to make informed decisions that previously they were not able to.
– Data cleanse of their internal ATS. Deletion of 600+ legacy candidates off the system to allow for smoother running & correct usage of data.
– Re-built the ‘Reasonable adjustments for interview’ statement to help with the careers page.