Building a Crypto Unicorn
- New York
Copper building a Crypto Unicorn
Bond are proud to have partnered a growth journey that has seen Copper reach unicorn status and a $1B valuation. Saving them over £1.4M in the last 16 months.
Copper is an Institutional custody & prime brokerage for digital assets. Copper is designed to make cryptocurrency acquisition and safe storage easy for institutional investors. The unfair advantage. Having reached unicorn status and a valuation of $1B, we are the talent consultancy who have helped them scale globally in all business functions.
We have been Copper’s unfair advantage.
One of the biggest challenges was an under-resourced internal talent team of one.
- Over reliance on agencies
- Disjointed and inconsistent processes
A small Bond team of 2 x talent partners very quickly scaled up to a team of 8 within the first 3 months of the project.
- Rapidly expanding the core engineering team with blockchain engineers who build smart contracts in solidity, blockchain integration engineers with modern niche tech such as Rust & Golang alongside Scala engineers (both exchange and trading side)
- Established core hubs in both New York and Singapore.
- Hiring for: Blockchain engineers, backend/frontend/full stack engineers, devOps, QA, support, DevSecOps, Mobile devs, compliance, legal, sales & partnerships, HR, finance, Product and C – level
It’s always about where we can add further value too:
- Re-designed the entire recruitment process across the company
- Created recruitment marketing & candidate packs
- Applied direct sourcing methodology & strategic leadership hiring
- Built & implemented an agency co-ordination process to manage PSL and ensure there is control over agency spend
- Implemented a rich talent data culture including reach out data / time to hire, offer & start / pipeline data / cost saving / cost per hire / agency spend etc
Average time to hire
Average time to offer
“We’ve basically built a team of 100 in Engineering & product in 4 months, starting from 30 in December with all the headwinds we’ve had, so I think you’ve got yourself a pretty solid case study”
Chief Product Officer